PU Casting Resin
Other Names: Resin Place of Origin: Gujarat India Type: Resin
Brand Name: Jay Polymers
Specificationspolyurethane casting resin
Polyurethane Casting Resin
POLYSEAL Polyurethane Casting Resins are widely used in several electrical components like Current Transformers, Potention Transformers, Capacitors, Cable Joints, CDI & Flasher units for Automobile. It is also used for Potting of electrinoc circuit boards and components. POLYSEAL PU RSIN is found much superior to epoxy resin on several counts.
For example for high voltage CT/PT manufacturer prefer our resin to epoxy resin because it gives almost double production, better casting at lower price. Our resin has created win-win situation for our OEM customers. It has high dielectric strength and low partial discharge.
We have special grades of Polyurethane Resin for Capacitors, Cable Jointing, Electronic circuit boards & components. To know more please let us know your specific requirement.
We supply in Twin-Chamber Pouch Pack and in Meta Tin Pack.
Potting of Electronic components and PCBs.
POLYURETHANE CASTING COMPOUND
GENERAL: N-CAP PU (M) Casting Compound is a ready-to-use filled system, especially developed for Encapsulation of capacitive discharge ignition units. It is a two component [i.e. Resin and Hardener] system that cures at room temperature. SALIENT FEATURES: 01. EXCELLENT ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL PROPERTIES: 02. REMAINS FLEXIBLE – DOES NOT CRACK UNDER SEVERE THERMAL SHOCKS: 03. EXTRA ORDINARY SURFACE FINISH: 04. BUBBLE FREE SURFACE: 05. COMPATIBLE WITH INSULATING OIL: 06. HYDROPHOBIC: 07. ECONOMICAL: 08. READY-TO-USE & PRODUCTION FRIENDLY SYSTEM:
PROCESSING AND HANDLING RECOMMENDATIONS
TYPE: PU (M)
GENERAL N-CAP PU (M) Casting Compound is a ready-to-use filled polyurethane system, especially developed for encapsulation of capacitive discharge ignition (CDI) units. It is a two component [i.e. resin and hardener] system that cures at room temperature. PACKING:Resin: 30 kg
Hardener: 24 kg and 250 kg MIXING RATIO: 5 parts resin to 1 part hardener by weight. ( e.g. 500 grams resin + 100 gams hardener) OR
4 parts resin to 1 part hardener by volome. ( e.g. 400 cc resin + 100 cc hardener) METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Open the packing containing resin and stir the contents very slowly (vigorous mixing usually results in a large
2. amount of air being whipped into the mixture and hence vigorous and fast mixing should always be avoided.) for 2 minutes. This is to homogenize the contents of the resin.
3. Weigh the resin and hardener components in separate metal cans in the ratio of
5: 1 by weight. Required quantity of resin and hardener can be derived with following formulas, (since paper containers and the wooden spatula contains moisture which creates carbon dioxide gas bubbles).
4. Thereafter, pour the hardener into the resin portion and carefully mix with the help of spatula for 3-4 minutes very slowly(vigorous mixing usually results in a large amount of air being whipped into the mixture and hence vigorous and fast mixing should always be avoided.).
5. The compound is now ready for Use. The mixed compound has a pot life of 20 minutes. Hence start pouring the compound immediately after stirring.
6. Pour the compound slowly into the components to be encapsulated. The compound should be poured on the sides of the mould to reduce air entrapment.
7. Partially used containers of resin and hardener should be well sealed to prevent